From the article: School Snow Day Activities
Though they can be stressful for parents, school snow days are special for kids. Kids love them, even dreaming up snow day superstitions to make them come more often. Snow days are the stuff of lasting childhood memories. Intentionally or not, families often develop snow day traditions, like sledding or playing board games or making hot chocolate. What are your family's snow day traditions?
Snow Day Traditions
Snow Day Traditions
- My siblings and I go sledding, iceskating, and build forts. Then, we go inside and drink hot cocoa while playing board games.
- —Guest Guest Jannete
sking ins fun for kids too!
- Are you around the age 10-11 well you can make kid skies first, get to snow coasters then,tie ropes on them and around your boot on each foot last, you walk around in the snow!
- —Guest happy
- On snow days, I normally bake for my dogs. I have five, so I have to to be very good in the amount. I often take the dog bowls, fill them up wth dog food, pour warm soup on the food, mix it up, them cover the top with peanut butter spread on hard, dog bone treats!!! The dogs usually slurp them up in no time!!!!
- —Guest Emma
- Omg me and my dad would go to the park with yellow food coloring and spill it then when some one would pass we picked it up and ate it ahhh good times good times. P.S. I'm a girl and it was pretty funny and I had a lot of brothers
- —Guest Tori
Daddy and me
- When I was about 6-12 dad would take me sledding in deep snow. In Oklahoma it snowed a lot it was around 7 inches of snow or more he would push me around in the snow. We even got to the top of a hill and rolled down it. Then after that if the street in ours or grandmas block were frozen with ice we would get on our stomachs and slide like penguins. Finally we would get to grandmas or our house make a snow house and forts and have a snow war. Mom and grandma would call us crazy and make us hot chocolate grandpa would be sitting there watching his black and white movies. I LOVED SNOW DAYS. Also it will bring your family together I regret being a teen and not doing those things with my family so drag your cranky teen and go do these things with your family may god bless you!!!!!!!!=)
- —Guest Victoria
- whenever my kids have snow days we always shovel out our fire pit. Then we make hot coco and smores and start a fire and tell family stories!
- —Guest Liliy
snow days tradition hy6ui76
- well we build a snow man and make snow angels and we get along together us and our family
- —Guest Jaqueline
- Once when I was little we got about 5 feet of snow so my dad and my friends dad looked up a snow slide in a book. Pretty much they piled snow on each side of a path down a hill and made it all curvy and things like that. After the path was as smooth as could be we sprinkled water on it to make it icy in the morning...ahhh...the memories...
- —Guest Volleygirl
Building Snow Tunnels
- My sister, my dad, and I just had a huge blizzard, and the snow was about 3 feet deep so we took all our shovels and dug tunnels through the whole entire frontyard and backyard. When we let our dogs out they were going through all the tunnels, curiously!!!!!!:)
- —Guest Macey
Cat fun :)
- On snowy days I become one with my cats. we play with yarn & i replicate their movements. for example, i paw the yarn back and forth and i hissssssssssss. then the dog gets mad so i give it a bone or two. then i eat soup :) theres some great advice for ya'll!
- —Guest Julian Whit
World Of Warcraft
- On snow day's, my family get together and we all play WoW..
- —Guest Koos
Play board games, pop corn, bake cookies
- I remember the snow days when my children were home from school. I loved those times! We made pop corn, baked cookies, played board games. Sometimes we had a 3 day blizzard; it was so much fun to have the kids and my husband home all day! One time the power was off so we had to put lots of clothes on to stay warm! It wasn't so much fun that time!
- —Guest Wilma
Bonfires and Sledding
- When I was a young girl in NC and we had a snow, many friends would get together at a really good area for sledding. We'd build a bonfire, roast marshmallows, drink hot chocolate and have a great time snow sledding. My mom always made snow cream with freshly fallen snow with milk, sugar, and vanilla and eggs. So delicious! We'd build a fire in the fireplace and play board games, watch tv or read a good book. My dad liked to hook up equipment to his tractor and go to the neighbors houses and clear their driveways. Making snowmen and having snowball fights were also some fun things we liked to do. We don't usually get the big snows like we did when I was growing up it seems.
Snow Ice Cream
- My mother always made snow ice cream for us when I was a child, so that is what I did when my son was growing up. Now I live in Florida, so I just watch the pictures of snow up North and then go outside to work in my container garden!
- —Guest habower
WHAT TO DO ON A SNOWY DAY
- MY GRANDDAUGHTERS ARE 8 AND 4. LAST WINTER OF COURSE, 7 AND 3, MY DAUGHTER, WHO IS THEIR MOM WORKS, AS DOES THEIR FATHER, BUT GRAND PAP AND I TAKE CARE OF THEM. ON A VERY SNOWY, COLD DAY, FIRST WE BAKED COOKIES, THEN GET OUT A LITTLE TEA SET, AND WE SET A TABLE WITH FANCY LACE TABLE CLOTH (BOUGHT THEM AT A YARD SALE WITH LITTLE STAINS ON THEM AND USE THEM ONLY FOR THIS PURPOSE) THEY "DRESS" GRAND PAP UP WITH A LACY APRON, AND PUT MAKE UP ON HIM AND HE IS OUR MAID, AND WE "DRESS" IN ANYTHING FUN AND HAVE TEA, LITTLE CUT OUR PEANUT BUTTER&JELLY SANDWICHES, THEN HAVE TEA AND COOKIES, THEN I READ THEM A COUPLE OF STORIES, AND WE TALK ABOUT "ANYTHING ON THEIR MINDS" NO QUESTIONS ARE TOO TRIVIAL, AND THEN WE DANCE, AND THEN THEY ARE ALLOWED TO DO THE DISHES AND PUT EVERYTHING AWAY WE HAVE USED FOR OUR TEA PARTY. WHEN MOM OR DAD COMES TO PICK THEM UP, THEY ARE FULL OF STORIES, HOW THEY BAKED, HAD TEA, DRESSED GRANDPA UP . MEMORIES TO LAST A LIFE TIME, THEIRS AND MINE
- —Guest GUGGYLU
1-15 of 25Next