And if this isn't enough space for your opinion on Arise, write a review of Arise Virtual Solutions or another call center company.
Please do not post solicitations for your virtual service corporations (VSC) or other work at home businesses. These will not be published.
Share Your Story
ARISE IS WONDERFUL
- I have worked as an independent contractor with Arise for over 2 years now out of the comfort of my home. They have been absolutley wonderful, I have never had any problems. Yes, the training is unpaid, and there is some out of pocket cost but its well worth it and you make that back in the first month of working and more. They have given me the freedom to be able to schedule my own hours which there are plenty of hours available for the client I work for...and there paychecks are direct deposited twice a month always on time. They have a wonderful support team 24/7. I am a stay at home mom and without Arise I wouldnt be able to work, This has been a blessing. I dont know what has happened with these other people leaving negative comments, that is completley untrue but my guess would be they were probably terminated for mis-conduct or didnt make the cut after training. This is a job and needs to be taken seriously like any other.
- —Guest guest
- THIS COMPANY SETS U UP TO FAIL. THEY GIVE YOU WEEKS AND WEEKS OF TRAINING THAT YOU PAID FOR AND AT THE END YOU ARE THROWN TO THE WOLVES AND GET ENDLESS CALLS THAT YOU WERE NOT TRAINING TO DO !! STAY AWAY ! !!
- —Guest Jessi
Glad I read this post
- Thanks Laureen for your post. I was trying to respond to one of their job posting on Linkedin. On trying to check their company, I found this post on About.com and I am so glad I did. It seems too complex for me at this point to consider something like this. I am not sure I want to pursue it. Seems like any other work-from-home deals.
- 1 year w/Arise & worked for only 2 clients. It seems more like we were hired for "peak" times and when hours dried up you were terminated.Everything seems to be very well-covered by the legal docs you sign, but Arise seems very top heavy with managers and PF's--none of which are really too helpful. The teachers and the chat room seem overworked. You are mandated to wait for permission to escalate a call to the client's dept. who handles those. That wait can be 15-20 minutes at times and there goes your AHT (average handle time or talk time-which counts into your metric statistics).Also, you are not paid for unscheduled time, and you MUST log in several minutes before shift, and not disconnect any customers (of course)-but if that call goes over 1/2 hour or whatever, you are not paid for it. I have had 35+ years of premium customer svc exp. and my actual total work time w/Arise in one year has been 15 weeks with 2 clients.
- —Guest Guest
Learned the Hard Way
- Arise/Rogers Man - what a horrible experience my 4 months with Arise/Rogers was. Out of a class of 20 people, I don't think even 3 were still doing it when I left. People here seem to blame Arise but I lay much of the blame with Rogers. Their systems were ridiculously complex, their training absolutely pathetic. I'd been their customer for many years and thought they'd be a great company to work for - was I ever mistaken! What an eye opener to see how this huge company really worked. It felt like noone had a clue what was going on. So that was Rogers. Yes, I to had many technical issues with Arise which came back to a password problem on THEIR end, which left me in limbo with no pay for 3 weeks until they reset my pw and got me going again. The other people in my training class were such great types, it was a real shame to see so many good people getting burned like we did with Rogers/Arise.
- —Guest Hard Knocks Meister
There are positives and negatives
- It is a legitimate company, you will earn money HOWEVER...the classes cost too much and once you begin working there can be numerous problems. As someone who hires others to work for Arise i see a vast difference there are some that earn a nice income with little problems but the majority experience problems again and again...system issues, invoice issues, on boarding issues and the worst of it is Arise has HORRIBLE communication with its "Partners". Not only will they not allow us to talk to them on the phone they won't respond to email and their "Partner Support" and Tech Support depts are HIGHLY inadequate. Arise could be a great opportunity but they are woefully lacking in many areas. I say if you really want to work from home its worth it. If you just need a job go elsewhere.
- —Guest Frustrated Partner
Just started and fully understand
- I just started with Arise and fully understand what I am getting myself into. I have 3 little boys, my husband works but because of the kids I'm at home so this is working perfect for me. I see it as an investment and dont mind the 40.00 monthly fee that will be deducted once a month. This may not be for everybody but it's for me.
- —Guest Teri R
- I worked for Arise when they were going by the name Willow.. I stopped for awhile due to divorce and personal issues. I am now back working for them again. I started back again last year. I am also a student in college. I pay for my courses I take and if I don't study (on my own time) and pass the tests then I don't pass the course. I admit that some of the classes are hard and it does take up a lot of time to study and prepare for class as well as paying attention to a fast paced class with few instructors and lots of students. Only half of my class passed my most recent class I took and am now currently working for. As for money put out to get started.. they offer specials all the time. I paid $5. for the first class and $37. to start training for my current client and paid $14. a month after working for this client until the amount of $79 was paid. But, I don't pay for gas, clothes, babysitter or many other things I would have to pay for if working out of my home.
- —Guest Guest
No No No!
- Arise is not ethical, please do not believe their hype. They cycle thru people and call them corporations, the positive reviews you find are plants!
- —Guest Arise Refugee
Arise A Scam? Nah...
- Why didn't the 'light bulb' smack me in the head when I first learned I had to pay them to work for them? Go ahead and call it a sub-contractor if it makes you feel better. Just remember, you cannot prove a negative. I guess if you have the money to throw away, Arise is for you and that's great. I'm happy for you! But I don't have the money to throw away and shame on me for doing just that! Thinking about all the unpaid hours I put into training (in and out of the classroom) just adds fuel to my fire. When I found another job, I gave my two week notice and they terminated me immediately. I have yet to get my last paycheck and that was two months ago. Go to dictionary.com and search the word scam... "scam [skam] Show IPA noun, verb, scammed, scam·ming. noun 1. a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle."
- —Guest bailey
lets fight for our rights
- please contact 858 367 9913 there is a class action law suit going on against arise join us, let them pay for the negligence.
- —Guest mary
Save yourselfs a big disapointment
- If you dont want to learn from other peoples experience, trust me you will want to lick yourselves in the derriere. I know I do, despite all the negative feedback I went ahead with it and here I very sorry I did not listen, the company treats you like crap they have no respect for you, they retaliate if you voice your concerns, they laugh at you. The whole staff is so unprofessional, just to think about everything I put up with just to save my investment, my stomach turns, the company and the whole staff are totally repulsive, what a disappointment, the person that recommended the company finally admitted she makes money from getting the 50.00 they pay out for recommending people to them, OH what a total catastrophe, my advise....DONT
- —Guest Lucy
MY HATRED FOR ARISE HAS NO LIMITS
- I HATE HATE HATE, AND FEEL LIKE THIS PEOPLE ARE USING AND TAKING PEOPLE FOR FOOLS, THE TRAINING STINKS, AND THEN YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE, WOW THEY SHOULD ALL PAY FOR MAKING SO MANY PEOPLE SUFFER, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US UNCOVER THIS TREMENDOUS SCAM.
- —Guest FRUSTRATED
This company need to be seriously invest
- Trained for AT@T, I like everyone else paid for the CP 101, backgroung check etc, the training is the worst the systems dont work, they freeze, and whenever you can get in they are incredibly slow, tech suport dont know what they are doing, if you voice your concerns they retaliate, the instructors are horrible they just read, you seat there for 4 hrs everynight to hear someone read to you, horrible!!!, I decided to hold on because I had read some good reviews that now that I know better can only imagine were posted by company employees that had an interesty in the matter, why would anyone post anything positive about this huge undercover scam, well to finish my story, you finish the training knowing absolutely nothing about the systems and what you are doing, keep in mind (noone to ask or suport you) well my first pay check was wrong, the second as well they only paid me half of what I had worked, plus they deducted all their fees of course, DONT DO IT!!!TO MANY PEOPLE CANT BE WRONG
- —Guest Liz
- I love arise and as I have read-there are negatives with any investment and/or job. I work hard and sure I think I deserve more but I will continue just as I would at any job-until I find something better.
- —Guest me