Make Lists -- Lots of Them
Lists are a WAHM's best friend. Use lists to help keep your work and home realms separate...at least on paper.
- Look at your lists. Sounds obvious, I know. But I will often get caught up with other projects and neglect to check my list and miss a deadline because of it.
- Use technology you're comfortable with. If that's paper and pencil, so be it. But if paper is likely to get shuffled into the recycling, then use your computer. But the right technology goes a long way toward making sure you actually use the list.
- Be realistic. Don't fill your list with things you can't possibly get to. It's discouraging if nothing ever gets checked off. Break complicated projects down into steps.
- Make more than one list. Put all those long-term things on another list (but don't forget to look at it!). Also you can segment your list, separating work and home projects.
- Check things off! Give yourself that ta-da moment.
For more work-at-home mom tips, sign up for my free WAHM newsletter.