Taxes & Telecommuting
By Laureen Miles Brunelli, About.com Guide
Home Office Tax Deduction Information
When you work at home, taking a home office deduction can be a significant savings on your income taxes. But is it always wise to take it? And what qualifies as a home office? Browse these resources as you decided if you should take a home office deduction.
- 19 Self-Employment Deductions You Don't Want to Miss
- Home Office Deductions
- Direct vs Indirect Office Expense
- IRS Rules for Home Office Deductions
Self-Employment Tax Issues
When you work for yourself, you have special tax issues that don't affect employees. These resources can help answer your tax questions.
- Self-Employment Tax FAQ
- Self-Employment Income
- Self-Employment Deductions
- The Independent Contractor's Tax Guide
- Self-Employment or Employment: Which Is Better?
- Getting a 1099 Corrected
- Download a Schedule SE
- What Is a Schedule C?
- How Does the IRS Define an Independent Contractor?
- What Is a Sole Proprietor?
- Estimated Tax Payment Schedule
- Late or Incorrect 1099
Useful Tax Forms for WAHMs
Find explanations, instructions and links for all of these tax forms often needed by telecommuters and home business owners.
- Profit or Loss From Business - Schedule C
- Self-Employment Tax - Schedule SE
- Expenses for Business Use of Your Home - Form 8829