As a practical salute to our country's veterans, I've pulled together some resources aimed at vets searching for work-at-home jobs. These are all free to use and allow you to upload a resume and search jobs, though some require registration to search.
None of these vet-focused resources is specific to work-at-home jobs, but you can use "telecommute" or "work at home" as keywords to search the database. See more online jobs keyword suggestions. However, because there was nothing specific to work at home jobs for vets, I have also put together a list of employers that are both military friendly and telecommute friendly.
The best way to find a job is to keep checking the listings. Bookmark this page and come back to it frequently to check for new listings on these job boards for vets.
- CivilianJobs.com - After registration, site allows jobdseekers to post resumes online and submit online applications. CivilianJobs.com also sponsors job fairs.
- G.I. Jobs - This site has a lot of information about jobhunting and career tips. It lists military friendly employers and provides profiles of the companies and links to their job listings. No registration is required.
- Military.com - The employment section of this broader site requires registration with a lot of personal information to even see the job postings, most of which are pulled from Monster. It has a separate site for military spouses.
- MilitaryHire.com - This site also requires registration with personal information. However, the jobs seem to be more specific to the military and not pulled from other job boards.
- MilitaryTimesEDGE.com -This website provides news and features stories for military members, but it has an expansive jobs section. It is free to search and apply to jobs. No registration is required to search jobs but you must register to apply.
- RecruitMilitary.com - Search the database without registering, but you must register to apply. This military-to-civilian recruiting firm puts on job expos for vets all over the country.
- VetJobs - This free service for veterans does not require registration to search jobs. Companies pay to post on this job board.
- Work at Home Jobs Company Directory - This is my list of more than 150 companies that hire for work at home jobs. It is not specific to veterans.