Commonly we think of summer camps as general, nature-focused institutions. And even those summer camps vary, offering everything from summer-long overnight camps to local day camps. But summer camps also cater to all sorts of specialties and interests. This list provides links to summer camps and directories of summer camps for all sorts of kids.
If you're looking for general summer camps in your local area (day camps or overnight summer camps), check out these Summer Camps by Region.
Sports Summer Camps
- Baseball - Little League-sponsored camps
- Tennis -lists of tennis camps throughout the country
- Swimming - tips on choosing a swimming camp
- Cheerleading - what to expect and how to prepare
- Inline skating - camps for all ages
- Golf - Find Junior golf camps, schools and programs
- Waterskiing/Wakeboarding - geographically listing and tips on choosing a camp.
- Football - list of summer camps specializing in football
Summer Camps for Special KidsThese links can help you find summer camps for kids with special needs, and these tips on choosing a the right camp can help you narrow down your choices.
- Special Needs Children - list of directories for camps for kids with various special needs
- Gifted Kids - top 10 camps for gifted children
- Celiac Kids - lists a variety of gluten-free summer camps; some allow non-celiac siblings too
- Summer Camps for Kids with ADHD - list of summer camps and programs
- Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders - top 10 directories of summer camps
- Diabetic Children - all about diabetes camps
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children - resources for finding a summer camp