Balancing Work & Family
By Laureen Miles Brunelli, About.com Guide
Making It Work
Getting good at balancing work and home in one place doesn't happen overnight. But work-at-home moms can smooth the transition for themselves, their families and their employers by examining some of the larger issue they face as they try to achieve work-life balance.
- Work-at-Home Ground Rules
- Dealing With Distractions
- Managing Stress
- Time Management for Work at Home Moms
- When to Multitask
- Setting Goals for Yourself
- 5 Ways to Find Free Child Care
- Should You Work on Vacation?
Whoever coined the phrase "don't sweat the small stuff" was probably not a mom. Being a parent is all about the small stuff--whether it's changing diapers, fixing meals or kissing boo boos. But all that small stuff can add up. Here's how to get a handle on it.
- Right Amount of Child Care
- Keep the Family Schedule Under Control
- Choosing Kids' Activities Wisely
- Attending School Events
- Working During Nap Time
- Get Your School Morning Started Right
- Taking a Business Trip
- Dealing with School Fundraisers
- When to Volunteer
- More WAHM Tips
- Breastfeeding and Work
Share Your Secrets
Parenting is a tough job. So whenever we can get some advice from those who have gone before, that makes our jobs just that much easier. These links are full of advice submitted by readers like you. Click on them to read the advice or leave some words of wisdom for your fellow moms.
- How Do You Prepare Your Family For Your Business Travel?
- How Did You Become a Work at Home Mom?
- What Are Your Family's Work-at-Home Ground Rules?
- What Can You Accomplish While Your Child Naps?
- How Do You Turn Off Work at the End of the Day?
- What Advice to You Have for New Moms Working at Home?
Keeping Kids Busy
An active kid is a happy kid. Take advantage of you child's natural industriousness and have plenty of stimulating activities ready to go to keep little hands (and minds) busy while your work. These ideas span the ages from toddlers to teenagers.
Managing Your Money
In today's economy, everyone is trying to save a buck wherever they can. And work-at-home moms are no exception. From stay-at-home moms who want to bring in extra cash to moms who are taking the plunge into self employment, saving money is a top priority.
- 10 Ways to Cut Your Monthly Budget
- 8 Money Saving Tips for Families
- How to Build Your Savings
- Save Money Working From Home
- Save Time and Money at the Grocery Store
- Start a Christmas Fund (Any Time of Year)
- Budget Home Office
- Spend Less on School Supplies
Taking Care of Yourself
Mom takes care of everybody, but sometimes she forgets about herself. Find tips on staying fit, reducing stress and nurturing relationships. Because when mom's happy, everyone is happy.