Back-to-School Tips for Work-at-Home Moms
By Laureen Miles Brunelli, About.com Guide
Getting Ready for School
A little preparation goes a long way. Start your school year off right with these back-to-school tips.
School Day Tips
At first glance, the school year seems like it should be a snap for work-at-home moms. But with homework, school events, fundraisers and school buses to catch, WAHMs can use a few tips.
- Start Your School Morning Right
- How to Help Kids With Homework
- Choose the Right Activities for Your Kids
- How to Decide Which Daytime School Events to Attend
- When to Volunteer at School
- Dealing With School Fundraisers
- What to Consider Before Becoming a Class Parent
- Things to Do on a Snow Day
- Take Your Own School Pictures and Save!
Back-to-school means back to school lunches. Whether that means packing a lunch everyday or buying at the cafeteria, school lunch always presents issues and questions for parents.
- Pack Lunches Kids Will Eat
- Buy or Pack School Lunches?
- 7 School Lunch Mistakes
- Teaching Kids to Make Their Own Lunch
Back to School Shopping
One large part of the preparation for school is back to school shopping. Shop smart with these shopping tips and resources.
- Backpacks That Last
- School Uniforms for Less
- Lunchboxes Kids Like
- Buy School Supplies Online
- School Stuff You Can Reuse This Year
- School Supply List
- Useful (But Not Required) School Items
- Saving on School Supplies
- Organize Your Back to School Shopping
Even though we get so busy with back-to-school time, September, October and Novemeber are the months to enjoy with our own kids all those autumn activities that we remember from out childhoods. The number one fun thing in fall for kids is Halloween. But there are also big piles of leaves to be jumped in, football games to be played and apple cider to be sipped.
Once the kids are settled back in school, the teacher in-service days and school vacations start. Plan ahead.