1. Parenting
Laureen Miles Brunelli

Is Arise a Legitimate Virtual Call Center or a Work at Home Scam?

By February 26, 2013

Referring to this list of companies offering legitimate work at home jobs, reader "Arise Fan" asks:

The list is very detailed, however, I wonder why the pioneer in the virtual contact center industry, Arise Virtual Solutions, was omitted? As an Arise Certified Professional, I have contracted with some of the world's BIGGEST businesses to provide customer service and sales support. I have applied with and worked for some of the others listed, however, when it comes to pay, hour selection and client diversity, Arise is the standout. Thank you.

The omission was not accidental. I purposely left Arise off that list as well as this list of virtual call center jobs. I would not go as far to call Arise an out-and-out work at home scam because its sole purpose is not to defraud people like these typical scams. However, Arise pushes business costs that are usually absorbed by the company on to its workers, making it a riskier business proposition for agents than most virtual call center jobs.

The way Arise works is quite different from the way most virtual call centers work. Arise call center agents must pay initial start up fees and then for training for each client. These client training costs can range from $50-$225 and lasts from two days to several weeks. Call center agents must also incorporate themselves as a business, which means set up costs and ongoing taxes and fees that vary from state to state.

Have you worked for Arise? Tell us what you think of Arise.

Arise has it backwards: Most companies pay their workers during training; workers don't pay the company. Yes, people do pay for their own educations, but an education will serve you your whole life. This training is for a specific client of Arise, so if you don't work for Arise, the training is useless. This outlay of time and money (at minimum $200 to get started), is a risk for the call center agent, who will have to recoup the cost before realizing any profit.

Arise positions its policy as creating small business owners. And, of course, there is risk in owning a business. But there is simply no reason to take on this risk when there are plenty of other virtual call center companies (and other work at home jobs) that do not put such a burden on their agents.

Comments
October 27, 2009 at 11:29 am
(1) Max123 says:

Not sure it’s fair to say Arise has it “backwards” or it pushes the burden.

Arise has thousand upon thousand of agents, many who are my friends. We are all independent contractors that service many of the Fortune 500. We are providing food for our families, while enjoying the ability to schedule our own hours and work out of our homes. We selected Arise because many of the other “at home” companies do not provide these benefits.

October 28, 2009 at 10:06 am
(2) Cindy Burns says:

While I agree that Arise is not a scam, my experience included a few negatives that led to my decision to NOT continue working with them.

One of the most significant flaws was the downtime that occurred when the telephone software/system controlled by Arise was down. Agents who were obligated to show ‘available’ were not compensated for our time although it was through no fault on our end that the lines were not working. If we chose to go off line and not show that we were available, we were penalized on our KPI; if we stayed though our shift, we were NOT compensated despite fulfilling our obligation. I lost a lot of income due to this. Arise would NOT pay unless it was considered a global incident (which only happened one time in the 5 months I was with them).

The item that put me off permanantly was when I became ill with severe brochitis that had me out of commission for 2 weeks. I was taken to the ER on one of my scheduled days and had no way to contact Arise. Upon my return the next day after being kept overnight, I e-mailed Arise.

They do not accept absence for any reason and said it would count against my performance KPI. They also counted the scheduled shifts that I could not honor (due to illness (coughing, no voice, unable to sit up for longer than 15 at a time!)

I loved the airline I was working for through Arise, but would have to pay another $225.00 and take the course and qualify all over again to get back on with them because of my down time.

Enough said…I ‘met’ some great people and enjoyed the other agents who worked the clients with me, but would not do that again.

December 28, 2009 at 2:23 am
(3) call center appointment setting says:

Laureen, good job explaining your reason for omitting Arise. You really did your research well and you really know your stuff.

Cindy Burns: That was such an inconsiderate thing, I think. I really donít find companies who donít give allowances or leeway for workersí sickness worth respecting. Itís just me.

February 14, 2010 at 10:11 pm
(4) Dawn says:

I was offered a job at Arise and ALMOST clicked that submit button to pay $99.00 for the ACP101 1st step. Glad I didnt I decided to click on “Refund policy” instead…oh yes there it was, you have to be incorporated ($125.00) for my state and I had already dished out $10.95 for background check. Now it would be 10.95 plus $99. plus $125.00 plus what the class to train for would be..$100? Hey I am not rich. I have to support myself and cant afford that. I have been working for over 40 years and Never had to pay for classes/training/etc. I dont know many women who can afford this. Then just read about the folks that have paid all that and there are no jobs offered with Arise. I am so glad I didnt pay that $99.00 I am so glad I found this website. Thank you

November 10, 2010 at 3:47 pm
(5) Social Don says:

Good article! It is great to see US companies looking for ways to keep jobs in the US, I personally think it is a win-win-win:
- The consumer gets better/culturally appropriate service.
- Companies have access to a higher quality workforce.
- The unemployed get more opportunities to work.

But, with that being said, if companies want to minimize their risk by pushing the risk onto the workforce, they will need to make sure they take the ethical high-road. Taking advantage of an under-employed public can and will lead to a negative impression that can not only affect a companyís brand, but the brands of their customers.

Keep it social,

Don

April 30, 2011 at 7:21 pm
(6) fight4arise says:

I think arise is a great company you got to spend money to make money but by the way its you own business, your own hours and I know people that been in the arise company for over ten years….JUST SAYING……

September 2, 2011 at 12:28 pm
(7) April says:

Thanks for explaining how arise is getting around fair labor practices. I’ve worked for decades and have never had to “incorporate” myself to get a job. This is worse then offshoring to me. This is cheating the system. This means Arise doesn’t contribute to the Social Security System, it doesn’t have to worry about providing group rates for health insurance and the no “sick time” policy is just ridiculous. I’ll look elsewhere for Call Center work.

October 2, 2011 at 12:26 am
(8) Jasmine8989 says:

Arise Virtual Solution is a pyramid scheme preying on women, the unemployed, the underemployed and other home-bound sectors of society. At first glance you are given the impression that this a home-based business that could be lucrative if you put in the time and effort. This could not be further from the truth. Many VSC or Super VSC is employees and or an insider of the companies that contract Arise as clients. For example, someone who works at ATT actually signs up to be a VSC and under them hire employees to work for the client under Arise. They make sure their agents get the hours and the calls. These VSCs are also promoted to work as management within Arise. This is unethical because they make decisions and manage other ACP and VSC based out of their own interest. The VSC get paid to bring in people, and a percentage accrued from bringing peopleto take the class. This is why the turnover is so high. They are really not trying to service clients with CSR, but rather the insider for that company is getting a bonus for bringing in new people to pay for classes. The calls you get are not real. Most of them are coming from the various VSC or the agents under the VSC/ employee of that company. It’s a Scam! It’s a conflict of interest. To cover it up, they often switch supposed Arise management between companies. For example, the ATT employee who is also acting as a VSC for Arise will be given a management team position for another Arise client. This is a farce because they all serve one another’s financial benefit. A total SCAM!! They have multiple class-action suits against them and are always trying to get ACP to post how great Arise is. A TOTAL SCAM RUNNNNN!

October 4, 2011 at 12:51 pm
(9) Matt Stone says:

I have been an ACP with Arise for 5 years now. I started out part time however, now I am partnered with Arise full-time and I must say that I am very happy with my choice. But just like any business opportunity there are pros and cons. There are start up fees but you probably already have much of the equipment you need to get started. Also, Arise runs many promotions to reduce the costs of their classes. And if you want to further reduce your costs, you can work under someone elseís VSC (corporation). This way, you get to enjoy the benefits of working from home while still being an employee, and not having to deal with the responsibilities of being your own boss. Arise is not for everyone, but it has changed my life for the better.

October 5, 2011 at 11:08 am
(10) Lynn says:

I currently work for Arise and just stopped working for them. My Problem is that I came in under a VSC who for some reason always has a problem getting out check to the folks under her. It’s been a month since I got paid so I stopped working (still trying to get my pay). I contacted upper management at Arise to only get things are done thur your VSC they try to distance themselves from you. I would never recommend anyone to get a VSC with Arise because arise does not have your back they’re only interested in themselves. At this point I’m contacting the Better Business Bureau. Arise has all these rules for the Reps but none for themselves.

December 6, 2011 at 2:05 am
(11) Bad Experience says:

I had a most unfortunate situation with Arise and I wanted to make others aware and provide food for thought.
Can you get paid? Yes.
Do you get paid for the time worked? You will never know because of the convoluted pay system that no one can explain.
Are there many out of pocket fees? Yes.
Are there major technical issues have problems? It depends on who you talk to.
Is there anyone at Arise who cares to take time to investigate and address a service issue? There was no one who would take the time to deal with my situation and as a result, I was rendered unable to service my client. So after 120 hours of unpaid training, poor tech support and no responsiveness from the Corporate HQ, I was forced off of a client because no one would take the time to troubleshoot my issue, although someone internally indicated the issue was not mine.

You decide- is this the type of work situation you want as a contractor. The decision is yours- I would most certainly think twice.

December 28, 2011 at 2:14 am
(12) Cheryl H says:

I worked for Arise with Apple as my client from November of 2010 thru June of 2011. The calls were real and not staged. I love working the Apple client and spoke with thousands of people. I got paid for every hour I serviced. The problem came when I had a major medical problem, leading to surgery, complications, and extended time away. I notified my supervisor. I offered Doctors documentation. I never had a response until 3 months later I was informed my Arise that I lost my client and all certifications. I spend 6 hours a day for 3 weeks UNPAID and paid for the certification. I could never talk to a real person. There are real perils to the virtual world. If you know you will never get sick or have to take care of a sick family member, Arise was a great opportunity, but watch it if you have an emergency, there is no compassion in the virtual world.

January 20, 2012 at 5:45 pm
(13) Joy says:

I so appreciate the honest comments posted here. I was considering working for Arise after a friend of mine told me she was doing it. It really seems like the risks far outweigh the benefits and I am going to pass. Thank you for the information and for sorting out what seems like such a great opportunity at first glance.

February 23, 2012 at 12:19 am
(14) Cheryl says:

I would just like to say that being a mother and full-time student and workin from home has been great. Yes, there are start up fees as there are with any business. People these expenses that you complain about can be written off on your taxes at the end of the year stop complaining. I paid about $150 to start servicing my client with Arise and I made my money back plus way more within the first two pay dates. Arise offers sales for the ACP 101 that go as low as $0. I only paid $19.99 and I also received a voucher (basically a coupon) that reduced the amount that I had to pay to start my class. All in all my experience with Arise has beeen great and if I ever have an emergency, which I do I just release my hours and pick them up at a later time. I love it and I think that more people should try it. For the person who said that the calls are not real….>WHO CARES< You get paid to take the calls!!!! But, the calls are real they are real people who need real assistance. I will continue to work for MYSELF and take calls for my client.

March 3, 2012 at 3:34 pm
(15) Bonnie says:

I started with Arise in July, 2010. I LOVE working with them. I have been self-employed for over 25 years, owning a different business, and have always paid for my own training, certifications, no sick pay, etc. It’s part of owning a business. With Arise, you are starting a new businees–any business has start up costs and continuing expenses, which are tax deductible.

This is a business to business relationship and as an independent contractor, I need to abide by the contract I sign with Arise and the Fortune 500 companies that I choose to work with. I agreed to work X number of hours a week/month and I need to fulfill that obligation. If I can’t, then the client is out a worker, and there are other independent contractors waiting to take my place. If I am performing well and follow my contract, I will succeed. I am a contracted worker/business owner and when I can’t work for whatever reason, my business suffers and I lose business–in this case, my client. I am paid on time, when I have system issues, they offer a support team to help me, that is something I pay for every month–I don’t have to call in someone else to try and fix my issues related to my client’s application.

Everyone needs to decide if this is for them–not everyone is cut out to own a business. There are some business owners who will take you in under their corporation, if you don’t want to incorporate yourself. I have several friends who are also with Arise and love it. Every company that exists anywhere, has it’s challenges. This is a real job and I can work days, evenings or week-ends.

April 20, 2012 at 3:13 am
(16) crystal says:

I joined arise last month. I am currently taking my first class for orkin pest control. Arise has not asked for a single dime. They paid for class, they sent me headset for class n my work headset. They paid for my background check. Yes, have to have phone, computer n internet, but already had all these before I signed up. They even paid for my CSP 101 class (use to be ACP). I have my first practice call tomorrow, will be done with 19 day course for orkin May 10th n can start right after. Yes u have to express ur interest for which ever company u wish, but soon as excepted…it goes fast. Instructors r very knowledgeable, respectable, professional, and understanding. As long as have GOOD EXCUSE, like doctor, emergencies, etc….Just like real job except u sit at home. Which in my case is great due to my husbands seizures and mental disabilities. So far they have been very caring n great making sure to explain in basic terms to help me better understand. N they r always willing to answer questions. Like my instructor says “No question is a stupid question”

April 20, 2012 at 3:23 am
(17) crystal says:

Oh n for those of u who want to know if real….refer to BBB. They got A+ n been around since 2005. Now if BBB rates them A+ then they r most def. legitate. I included a site from bbb about arise. Enjoy

April 21, 2012 at 7:20 am
(18) workathomemoms says:

Interesting, Crystal. If you look at the next page of the BBB website http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/answering-bureaus/arise-virtual-solutions-in-miramar-fl-26001201/complaints it shows 93 complaints. Then click on the Industry Comparison chart at the bottom and it shows that Arise as more complaints than any other company in the same industry.

May 15, 2012 at 9:50 am
(19) RONNIE says:

I just signed up for arise someone I know is doing it as well through AAA. But crystal how did you get your classes free did someone call you or you had a coupon. I want to start with as little start up as possible.

May 29, 2012 at 7:03 pm
(20) Time_less T says:

I was also recomended to Arise by a “friend”. She never told me of the start up fees or course cost. Iam a single mom and I barely work, had i known about these expensises I wouldn’t have bothered. I have no problem giving the company a try but it would be better if they paid for my training. Or at least deducted it from my first few pay checks after I receieved a job with a client. If anyone knows how to get the training for free please share, it would be very helpful.

May 29, 2012 at 7:22 pm
(21) workathomemoms says:

If you want free training, I suggest you try a different company. All of these jobs have free (or paid) training. Call Center Jobs List
Good luck
Laureen

June 4, 2012 at 10:10 pm
(22) Chanel says:

I am the owner and operator of AskCoco Communications (plug :-) ) and our Top Vendor is Arise Virtual Solutions. I have held a contract with Arise since 2008 and I love it. The money my agents spend on training is almost always recouped within the couple week of certifying with a client. (The clients are large Fortune 500 companies, and best part is you get to choose which one you want to work for) The money is great, but my agents really value the freedom and flexibility of setting their own schedules. If I ask someone who works customer service for say Walgreens or at a Call Center for Royal Caribbean, would they prefer to do the same job, make more money, and stay at home would they want to do it, itís a no brainer, working at home always wins.

Arise, like any other large company does have faults, including long wait times with tech support, and slow email response, however they have always addressed any complaints that I have ever had. I am grateful that I discovered Arise. And no I am not a Troll for Arise I am a business owner who appreciates their vendor.

June 12, 2012 at 1:01 pm
(23) Holly says:

I’m in the process of deciding if I should work for Arise or not… I paid almost $40 for the background check and then I found out about the $200 start up cost and its a little scary. I emailed them a few days ago because the PC scan they require will not work on my Mac. There is nothing about this in the FAQ and I’m still waiting for a response from Arise. And yes I choose the MAC option when signing up. Crystal how did you receive free training? It seems like you are fake since no one really types ru and u so many times, unless it’s an act? If anyone has any advice to share on Arise or finding a legitimate work from home business in Canada, without any start up fees please share, it would be greatly appreciated!

July 6, 2012 at 1:26 am
(24) Chara says:

I am currently enrolled for the training w/ an Arise client…(mobility provider). My CSP101 class was only $50, but that was b/c I kept watching and waiting for the price to go down. I have heard some ppl say they took the class for free…but I think you just have to wait for them to run a special. The free classes are usually around Christmas time. At any rate, Im wondering if someone who as worked for Arise and serviced the mobility client can tell me approximately how much I can expect to make once I complete the training and start to work a 40-60 hr work week. (Side note: I didn’t have to incoporate b/c I went to work for an Independent Business Owner who had already incorporated so that was a cost I was able to eliminate. My background check was $13. My training for the client was $119…So I have spent approx. $183.) It is a lot of money for someone w/ limited funding, but I honestly think it will pay off……

Thanks,

CTW

July 7, 2012 at 9:25 pm
(25) Liz says:

I am so confused, I wanted to try this company out and now I am not sure who is telling the truth. Someone said they know someone who has been working there for 10 years although they started in 2005. You do the math? Some people say they don’t pay and some people say they do. I don’t mind paying the start up costs but will I benefit from them. I want to invest only if it is worth it. I don’t have money to throw around. Can someone give me real answers.

July 9, 2012 at 1:28 pm
(26) workathomemoms says:

Liz,
Obviously a lot of people have strong opinions about Arise. There are enough negative opinions in that article to make me think twice about putting down money with this company.

But the best you can do is go in with your eyes open. So read over this profile of Arise carefully. Also consider these other home call center companies that don’t charge fees.

Laureen

July 28, 2012 at 4:18 am
(27) Meredith S says:

I am hoping I can help you out a bit for anyone still reading.
The people that have started they were having difficulty getting paid are people that were working for other Independent Business Owners, so they did not have to incorporate and spend that initial investment. I have never heard of anyone that actually became their own Business Owner and having trouble getting paid.

The person that stated their friend has been working for Arise for 10 years, may be telling the truth. The BBB only has the information submitted to them, and does not actually research all the business that they list. I have documentation that shows Arise actually started their business in 1997; 15 years ago; according to their own website.

My best opinion about Arise is this. If spending $150-$400 to start your own business, and not have the financial resources, in reserve, to wait 4-8 weeks to recoup this money; it may not be for you. There are ways to lessen the cost by waiting on coupons or sales for the classes, you can use Legalzoom to incorporate, and all start up and operating cost are tax deductible. Ultimately, you have to ask yourself one thing, when starting any business. Can your financial situation and family withstand never making money. That is a chance you take when starting any business and if you go in directly with Arise, that is what you are doing.

If you want to work with an Independent Business owner, to keep from the incorporation fees, you should research that company also. However, the only way I know to do this is check online, check reviews, the BBB, and any information offered by the state/local government the company is registered in. Best of luck everyone!!

August 17, 2012 at 3:17 pm
(28) Kelsey Jones says:

I was contacted by this company and offered a position and was told the fees would be 450.00 total start up with no additional fees. ON Instant messenger asking simply what the cost would referr to with no direct answer. Here are the conversations with the hiring manager. This should be interesting:

hiringmanager5555: We dont colect the money for the working materilas from employees we send them money to there credit card for the wotking materials so that they can cash it out and send it to the vendor in chage of the working materilas okay
Kelseyjones_1979: Okay I have researched this company and I am seeing different start up cost how much is the background check? And then how much is the training material? And will there be a gaurantee that I will be working for the company after I have recieved the training material?
hiringmanager5555: Yes you will and the cost is $550.00 for every thing
hiringmanager5555: Okay
Kelseyjones_1979: I was told 450.00 at first now what are the details for those cost individually?
Kelseyjones_1979: Hello
hiringmanager5555 has signed back in. (8/17/2012 2:07 PM)

Kelseyjones_1979: What are the details for those cost Individually?
hiringmanager5555: yes you add the Tim Tracker
hiringmanager5555: to it
hiringmanager5555: And the time Time Tracker is the one we use in tracking the hours and time you worked okay
Kelseyjones_1979: Besides that what are the cost individually that I would be paying for how much is the background check?
Kelseyjones_1979: Hello?
hiringmanager5555: The background check that you will be receiving is as your reimbursement is $5,000
Kelseyjones_1979: LOL are you telling me the background check is 5,000.00 that is funny!
hiringmanager5555: Sorry i mean you reimbursement for the month okay
hiringmanager5555 is typing…
Kelseyjones_1979: How much is the background check??

August 17, 2012 at 3:24 pm
(29) Kelsey Jones says:

Okay was offered a position and contacted by a hiring manager by instant messenger and her was the conversation.

hiringmanager5555: Yes you will and the cost is $550.00 for every thing
hiringmanager5555: Okay
Kelseyjones_1979: Hello
hiringmanager5555 has signed back in. (8/17/2012 2:07 PM)

Kelseyjones_1979: What are the details for those cost Individually?
hiringmanager5555: yes you add the Tim Tracker
hiringmanager5555: to it
Kelseyjones_1979: Hello?

August 17, 2012 at 3:33 pm
(30) Kelsey Jones says:

hiringmanager5555: background check is $550:00
kelseyjones_1979: and how much is the training material?
kelseyjones_1979: How much is the training material in addition to the background check? first of all I have never had to pay 550.00 for a back graound check and I do not intend on doing so at this point. Secondly I am asking very direct questions that should have straight to the point direct answers.
hiringmanager5555: $55 per hour training is $50 per hour
hiringmanager5555: Ok good
hiringmanager5555: What you are needed to pay is $450:00 in the total amount
hiringmanager5555: And you will be getting all your working materials the next 24 hours by UPS okay
hiringmanager5555: Hello
kelseyjones_1979: okay
Hide Recent Messages (F3)

hiringmanager5555: Ok good so once the payment is been made the company will send you your form to file and send it back with the payment recept okay
hiringmanager5555: and keep a copy of the form and the receipt to yourself if you won’t mind
hiringmanager5555: hello

Sorry does not sound like a legitimate company after all 5,000.00 reimbursement okay let me spend out money I don’t have where do I sign up? LOL

August 17, 2012 at 3:39 pm
(31) Kelsey Jones says:

Has anyone paid the 550.00 background check? I am confused was anyone contacted by text message initially and invited to add to instant messenger. This does not saound like a legitimate company I had to ask several times to give me a detail of all the initial cost and was not given a direct answer still after researching showing different prices for even the background check but noone mentioned 550.00. I will pass will not be able to do this. Sorry folks this is obviously a scam.

September 3, 2012 at 12:25 pm
(32) Jane says:

I understand that people are nervous about spending money, after all it is a tough economy. I was the same and not sure whether Arise was a scam or not as was my husband. I spent about $500 in total getting set up but did buy a new screen which was not a requirement for $145.00,. My first pay check after training was $35.00. My next was $350, two weeks later. My most recent one was over $1000 for two weeks of work whic was during school vacation time and with 4 children at home. No day care, summer camp or grovelling to boss required.
I love my job, I love the freedom and now I am signing people to work with my corporation I am enjoing being a mentor too. Any business has quiet times but if you are home anyway I can’t see it other then a win win situation.

January 25, 2013 at 11:56 am
(33) Kia says:

I worked for Arise since 2011. Yes it is a legit company. The only complaint I have is if you encounter a problem there is no contact person. Everything is through chat. As a business owner and to any business owerns that are enquiring doing business with Arise, thats a red flag warning.

Someone stated eariler that a complaint stated that Arise didnt pay a worker for service. That is true; that does happen with some clients. What happens is Arise did not send an invoice for the ACP and the ACP does not get paid. I dont know if that is a oversight on Arise or the Client the ACP works for.

This is where you can run into a problem with Arise. There is no contact person if this happens. You must contact support by chat and they will get back with you by email of the results.

My opinion, as a well organized company (Arise), this should not be handled this way. There should be someone to contact if an ACP is not paid. Arise should be able to look into that persons profile and check the hours worked and issue a check within that week.

April 3, 2013 at 3:22 am
(34) SBS Consult says:

I think it depends the way you are working. If you have kept everything transparent to your employer and h/she doesn’t have any objection then it is not a scam.

If you want business training you can contact: http://www.sbsconsult2result.com/

June 3, 2013 at 10:43 pm
(35) Samarth258 says:

Arise is most unprofessional company i have worked with. No work ethics, no responsibility and compassion for their employees.

Even they appoint IBO’s and the IBO’s are treated like dirt. Even they don’t have any information of what’s going on. I would suggest do not waste your time in this nonsense company, You will end up wasting your time and money.

Even a crook on the roadside is more professional then they are…and no kidding.

June 14, 2013 at 3:08 pm
(36) Beth says:

There is a lot to be said about Arise good and bad. But the best thing of all is a real work at home company.

The problems that I encountered were their long wait with Tech support but for the most part the Tech department was very helpful once you got connected to the tech person. In some cases it is not Arise fault to what happens it is the companies that you work for through Arise. I have worked for two companies and I had very bad experiences.
AT&T let me go without any explanation I just tried to log in to work one day and could not get in. I was told by support that my contract was terminated without any explanation that is the scary part one day you are working and one day you go to log on and you have no job. Every time I was told that it was an AT & T issue and it would escalated to management.
I even sent an e-mails to At &T management about ten times never was fixed and never got an answer just was let go for no reason and I was not the only one it happen to.
I also worked for Intuit Turbo Tax after waiting for two months and still taking calls all my systems did work if you were lucky to get PF that really cared and was willing to work with you TT was not bad at all but you must have a good support person to work with you.

Even though Arise has a lot of PROBLEMS I still recommend them to my friends and family I am very honest with people about the upfront cost of everything for over all they are good it is just which company you choose to work for. You also to need read all of the descriptions and all the qualifications for any company you show interest do your homework!

I look at the price of the courses as an investment of your future and if you pay for it shows the seriousness of learning and wanting to work.

July 3, 2013 at 2:01 am
(37) Victor D. says:

Oh wow! I am so glad I came across this page man. So here I was thinking this was a good opportunity until I got to the order your background check for $49.95 lol, so that’s when I said how am I gonna order the background check if I don’t even know if I passed the damn tests, so I decided to google this thing up. Thank you so very much every one I will keep looking I hope and pray to Our Lord you all find something better. PS: and if you know of something better please share with me :) . May God Bless you all!

August 29, 2013 at 12:25 pm
(38) Nani Eng says:

Wonderful blog.. Thanks for the list and making us to know the work from home scam.

October 15, 2013 at 7:03 pm
(39) jazzinwine says:

I just joined Arise and I have paid $12.95 for a background check and $19.95 for the CSP class. After that, each company will have a fee for training from $59-$209. Then Arise takes $19.95 out of each paycheck for service fees.

That’s IT! They are in business with some Fortune 500 companies like Disney, Intuit, AT&T, Walgreens, Amazon.com and most of those companies offer cash incentives to come aboard.

Arise did us a favor by getting these companies to take back the CSR jobs from overseas and allow us the opportunity to work from home for our own companies. It would only make sense that you have to put in SOME money to get some out of it.

It’s 100% legit and I’m looking forward to it.

December 20, 2013 at 12:11 pm
(40) Majaraja Marmoset says:

Arise is NOT for everyone. You have to be REALLY motivated and see the future (a future of working 10 hours a week in your jammies while watching talk shows with the closed caption on).

Yes it costs $, BUT if you choose to work for an IBO rather than start your own corporation, the costs can literally be $12 for your background check and $5 for your csp. You can often find the classes for companies (ie Carnival Cruises) for free. so NOT a big investment at all. Some IBOs will reimburse your fees after a set time of work (I know I do)

The plus in incorporation (please do NOT use legalzoom or any of those scams to do it…call the state license office where you live and DIY) which can be as little as $50 to as much as $500 depending on your state is that than you can HIRE people. And the plus in hiring people is that you can pay them what you want. Now considering most Arise jobs pay $12-$16 per hour, you can pay your employees all $10 an hour and pretty much just make money off of them.

My biggest Negative with arise is the training. Its longer and more intensive than ANY other work at home company..It requires daily logged in participation for usually a month, ie m-f 9am-2pm for a month BEFORE you make money. The training is UNPAID and that sucks. All the other companies pay for training and usually the LIVE training is minimal…ie for West all training is paid and there is never a live training, so that sucks, but I do understand it…it weeds out lookie loos and those not serious.

I like Arise, I am able to help lots of people who I have work for my company, I pay them a fair wage to stay home and work, and in turn I make money. Living the american dream

January 6, 2014 at 2:51 pm
(41) VL Grisham says:

I have been receiving emails regarding signing up. Today I received a sign-up procedure. Before walking through I found this website. I am yet ambivalent. Incorporating? That I have been since 2009. I pay annual fees for both my companies in two states. That’s an ongoing cost. As a full-time student as well I believe I qualify for the training reimbursement/grant/voucher. I questioned the paid background check. If I pay for it I would like to receive detailed results of such an inquiry. Like a credit report, if there are willy-nilly items in the report you can question them. Beyond the FBI I am unaware of any central collective database covering a variety of public records (state, city, county) for background checks. Where I live each city maintains their own background records which point to some entity associated with their police departments. And each charges a different fee. Court records are generated by individual authorities or jurisdictions and they charge for copies as well. Without results, aka, a receipt, I’m not sure of the disposition of that fee. If anyone disagrees please say so!

January 19, 2014 at 1:10 pm
(42) Renae says:

I recently applied at Arise to work as with a VCS and was having problems with the application so I contacted the arise via online chat and they ask for all my personal information just to locate my profile. I was chatting with Lynn W. who (who you can see if you stroll down in the comments section)no longer works there since 2011, took all my information (SSN#, phone, address, email, profile id# )and deleted my account. They were rude! And were not professional AT ALL! Now I am not sure if my identity is safe. They were no help at all and as a matter nothing got resolved and still have yet to talk to anyone about the matter.

January 25, 2014 at 10:51 pm
(43) Rasheeda says:

Before working thru Arise I worked for a flower retailer form home and was paid under $10 per hour. I worked the busiest holiday seasons and had no control over my schedule. Arise allowed me to continue working from home and resulted in an increase in pay with over a $2 per hour raise. I now control my own schedule and can work in as small as 30 minute increments. I paid for a background check $12.95, CSP101 for me was free, and the Client certification course was $29 with an incentive to get $350 for successfully completion. The article said the outlay is a minimum of $100 and I paid 25% of that and it is tax deductible.

You are not forced to incorporate or be your own business though that is the traditional route. There is also the option to service under an existing business if you donít personally desire to incorporate. I agreed that the initial startup costs might dissuade some people and made the opportunity hard to distinguish between the scams out there so when I started recruiting I decided to cover the fees for my employees. I recruited between 20-30 people and lost my money dealing with people who donít do what they say there are going to do and had to rethink how I chose to recruit. I now think the fees tare necessary and may serve as a screener. An adult who either canít come up with $100 or doesnít see the value in it is not necessarily someone I want on my team now.

Cindy Burns, I am sorry that you had that experience and maybe the company was different in 2009 but based on policies now, this seemed to be completely avoidable. I just had to take off work due to the death of my grandmother and I released the rest of the hours I had scheduled (no no-call/no-shows) and notified my QA that I was not going to be working due to a death in my family. You can also do that just for vacation and doesnít require a traumatic event like death or illness just the courtesy to cancel your schedule and notify someone what is going on.

February 25, 2014 at 10:17 pm
(44) Craig says:

Hello… I am in a wheelchair and transportation to work is very difficult for myself. Thats when i ran into Arise and fell in-love with with what the company says it does. I have a few days ago applied to the company and received my clear and approved background check (of which i paid $12.95 for) just today… I have now come to the “CSP 101″ portion. its asking for 99 dollars (of which i honestly do not have at the moment) and its scaring me that because my pockets are short that i have no chance at continuing this process… I was informed by a friend whom worked for the company before that there is certainly a way to bi-pass this payment and get it waived… PLEASE … PLEASE help me, because i do not want to continue crying over this. i want to keep my enthusiasm about Arise Virtual Solutions and press forward…. I strive on being independent. Will someone please take the time to help me asap? thank you so very much.

-Craig

April 10, 2014 at 9:24 pm
(45) Staci says:

I have been self employed for over 20 years. I am in the background check stages of joining arise. i my 20+ years i have always had business costs. If i was sick, I didn’t get paid, if i was sick for too long my clients went somewhere else. If i waited for sales to buy my products I miss out on clients and the money that comes along with it. If you are low on money and complaining, seems counterproductive to me. If i am low on money and cant afford much an opportunity like working for myself with Arise would break the cycle. almost all of the negative comments are people not wanting to invest in themselves. essentially paying for classes, background check etc. is investing in yourself. You come out on the other end with means to earn money. When you start a new job, you need gas or public transit money to get back and forth, maybe some new clothes and other expenses some jobs may require.